Wednesday, May 03, 2006

oh how He works

so this past weekend was our retreat. thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers and especially for your presence. it really made a difference. I think all of us felt Him there, working through all of us and through others and of course through Fr. Mel. Weird how so many things just seemed to fall into place this weekend; all because of Him. We are in for the long haul guys, but it is a beautiful thing. we need to be in the present and get updated in our walk. There's so many words that I would love to say but I think you'll be able to see the love in the pictures. I love you all and hope to see you at the next batch.

So here are some of the pictures from this weekend:

and they were all making fun of me because I bought the headlight ... look how they laugh! but, it really did come in handy... ask Ang


Jerome purposely blinks in my pictures ... I don't know why
and then he gets Pia to do it too ...
look it's Gracie, Cheryl, Lovette and "lil Kim" aka Larahere's our first girl picture of the night ... look how Dorothy lay

a couple of people switched around for this one but Dorothy still remains in an uncomfortable position
headlight to headlight ... I look like a mushroom head
I told the guys to turn around and this is what I got ...
Here are their faces: Brian, Leo, GB, Mike, Jei and Jerome
My, me and Reg before My leaves back for Vegas. Thanks for making the trip out my dear!
Day and me ... we usually have little eyes and big eyes together so we just covered them with sunglasses
Day and Cici are so good at their position ... give them your fees ... NOW
pleasure to announce the vice rec for Women's Batch 33: Ms Cristina Maaba
Eileen, me and Day in the back somewhere. I miss us!
Group shot before Anna leaves ... Margret, Franny, Cristina, me, Reg and Anna
The women of Batch 32 and Fr. Mel : Jelyn, Sarah, Kristin, Reg, Fr. Mel, me, Dom, Kirs& Cressa
We did it Reg!!! I love you my rec!! yes we were a wreck this weekend but it was all worth it ... the long nights, the lack of sleep, the exhaustion, the tears ... all worth it because it was so beautiful. basta. always














Cristina!!! You scared the crap out of me when I was eavesdropping on your conversation on Friday night... boy was that scary. I thank Him for your "okay" and I am so excited to go through this with you by my side. and yes, we are very much alike. scary. Go Batch 33!
This was on Monday when we decided that we were going to drive Reg back to Palmdale. We needed to eat and ended up at Zankou chicken. I'm showing the hummus and it's dripping all over my fingers. bleh but yummy in the tummy.

Ang is excited for the garlic butter but Reg doesn't look so excited. She thoroughly enjoyed her zankou experience. Thanks to you girls for keeping me company on the ride back up to Palmdale - for letting us stay at your place, for all of the wonderful conversations and words of discovery, for letting me practice healing touch on you, for being the beautiful girls that you are. I see Him in all of you and for this I am grateful. Until next time, basta.

6 comments:

Regilyn said...

This was a PERFECT recap to the PERFECT weekend! Basta basta talaga sis! love u V!!

franny said...

it truly was an awesome weekend, kay! can i {please!} sleep in next time around?

awww, wish i could have stayed through monday, too! it's soooo crazy to work the day after retreat!

angfoo said...

YEHEYY!

PS: By the way, I purposely misspelled my headline for Rica. Hahaha...

Yay!! BiK!

Anonymous said...

do you watch "my name is earl"? that's where jerome's "eyes closed" joke came from :)

ANNA said...

that was a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»