Wednesday, May 31, 2006

the bet

last week joey met cristina at IHOP. when he was taking me home,

joey: i met her at mina and danny's luau.
me: i don't think she was there. she was at the wedding, maybe you met her at the wedding.
joey: no, she was on the swing bench.
me: no, i would have remembered her there. wanna bet?
joey: do YOU want to bet? (this is in reference to the fact that since joey and i have been together, i have NEVER won a bet! NEVER! and that's over 2 years of betting!)
me: (since i was too proud at this point to back down) yeah, let's bet. i'll call her.
joey: are you going to call her now?
me: yeah, i'll call her now.

so i call cristina and apparently i phrased the question wrong.

me: just had a question, did you go to danny and mina's shower?
cristina: yeah, i was there with reg. we came at the same time
me: you were? are you sure? i would have remembered (meanwhile joey's laughing in the background)
he said i phrased the question wrong. if i would have had a leading question instead, she would have gotten the hint and said, no, i wasn't there. and then i would have had this picture to prove it. this is the reason i lost the bet. you're not in the picture. had you been in the picture, i would have remembered. see, it's not my fault.

4 comments:

lil jay said...

Dude...so you only remember what's in pictures? That's not REMEMBERING!!!!


HA HA HA HA

Cristina said...

sorry kay!!! i left early that night... i should have mentioned that part. don't hate me!!!

kay said...

i remember better when i remember the pictures because i can visualize. sorry.

franny said...

lol. you are too funny kay.

and i agree with jay. remembering pictures is not remembering!!!