Tuesday, June 13, 2006

a graduation

my five-year-old nephew, Lucas, graduated from kindergarten today. kindergarten? how time flies! i guess there was a shortage of michaelas in 2000 because there were 5 michaelas in his class! my sister-in-law told me a short story that was kind of weird. lucas is now going to go to a public school right by their house for first grade. it's brand new, just built. the school that he goes to right now is $4000. a year! that's a lot of money. but anyway, lucas's little girlfriend, ireland was talking to her mom.
ireland: mom, lucas isn't going to a school where they praise God next year
Ireland's mom: neither are you, honey
I guess she's not going to school there next year either.

weird how they learn so early that there's a difference as to when and where they can praise God - they're 5!!! that's amazing work though.

this is Lucas getting getting his diploma ... they get to do the handshake
this is Mrs. Croyt, his teacher
this is my brother and sister-in-law, Grandma Esther and Jayden. Big sister Annie was at school but her graduation is next week!
that's me and my sister and the boys
and there's the graduate: Lucas Anthony Anotado! congratulations my dear!

2 comments:

franny said...

your nephoos are so cute! and growing up so fast!

kay said...

i know ... it's crazy. they're so fun now though. we get to go to chuck e. cheese on sunday with them so it should be fun.