Friday, June 16, 2006

cheap date and intentions

so yesterday, joey and i took his cousin, paul, out to dinner. paul has been in korea for the past couple of years serving in the air force and has now come back to the u.s. so i had work on wed night to thurs morning. i needed to drop off a check to my godfather's church and also booked him for Saturday Mass for the retreat and then I went over to Joey's to sleep. I didn't get there til almost 11 and then woke up at 1800. So then we got ready to go to dinner - hence I haven't eaten since 2200 the previous day. we go to Johnny Carino's in Downey and we decide to get a drink at the bar. I get their bellini - it's like a frozen peach thing mixed with champagne and rum with a sangria swirl somewhere in there. by the end of dinner, i was totally buzzed! how sad! we think it was because I hadn't eaten anything for almost 24 hours, but still! I can now get buzzed for less than $10! what a steal!

PS. I've got a small list of intentions. Please pray for Joey's grandpa - he's got lung cancer and has had a really bad week this week, having shortness of breath, difficulty getting up, pain and changing his medications. he's using his oxygen tank but it's getting harder to move. and pray for his grandma, too. she's having a hard time because she's taking care of him.
and please pray for my nephew, Lucas. he has some sort of infection and my sis-in-law took him to the doctor today and they don't know what it is. he's getting red blotchy patches all over his neck, back and legs, and he's running a fever and he's getting blisters in his throat. he's not having any pain really and he doesn't have any blisters on his hands and feet (that's good) but they think it's something viral but they're not sure. they gave him some benadryl and tylenol but that's it. so please pray that that's all it is. thanks guys.

No comments: