Monday, April 09, 2007

a mike tyson inspiration

Jesus Christ by Brand New

Jesus Christ that’s a pretty face
The kind you'd find on someone that could save
If they don't put me away
O' it'll be a miracle

Do you believe you're missing out?
That everything good is happening somewhere else
But with nobody in your bed
The night's hard to get through.

And I will die all alone
And when I arrive I won't know anyone.

Well Jesus Christ, I'm alone again.
So what did you do those three days you were dead?
Cause this problem's gonna last
More than the weekend.

Well Jesus Christ I'm not scared to die,
I'm a little bit scared of what comes after.
Do I get the gold chariot,
Do I float through the ceiling?


Do I divide and fall apart?
Cause my bright is too slight to hold back all my dark
And this ship went down in sight of land.
And at the gates does Thomas ask to see my hands?


I know you’re coming in the night like a thief,
But I've had some time alone to hone my lying technique.
I know you think that I'm someone you can trust,
But I'm scared I'll get scared
and I swear I'll try to nail you back up.
So do you think that we could work out a sign?
So I'll know it's you and that it's over so I won't even try.
I know you’re coming for the people like me.
But we all got wood and nails
we try n’ tear down hate and factory.
Yeah we all got wood and nails
don't tear down hate n' factory.
Yeah we all got wood and nails
And we sleep inside of this machine.

I don't know if these are the right words because when they were posted, they said that they weren't sure if they were the right words. anyway the lead singer of Brand New was on the radio trying to explain the song and he said that it was inspired by mike tyson. the lead singer had heard in interview of mike tyson and how people especially the media had portrayed him as a monster and mike tyson wondered how jesus would treat him if he was here today. would he befriend him and eat dinner with him like he was a normal person instead of the animal that the media thought he was? the lead singer got inspired and thought how would Jesus be if he came down now? Would we recognize him? Would he sit and have dinner with us? Are we worthy of his presence? I thought it was quite interesting and an appropriate release around Easter time. so He is Risen, Alleluia. Alleluia. Have a blessed Easter week!

No comments: