Tuesday, April 03, 2007

little bits of happiness

i tried to post this thing yesterday but something happened. oh well. after a terrible saturday night / sunday morning, i am now on my third day off, ready to go back to work tomorrow and face it all over again. but before that happened, i had a few bits of happiness occur. Sunday was Palm Sunday and Joey and I met at St. Liz for Mass. you should have seen how diligently he worked on his little Palm cross - it was very good - he said it was in his top 2 for durability. I asked if it was the best and he wasn't sure but definitely in the top 2. and it made me happy to think how many more palm crosses he would make for me in our lifetime together. and then we went to on the border for dinner because we had free gift certificates from his work. on the border holds a special place in my heart because two years ago joey and i were at lunch at on the border and we were talking about tax returns and he very nonchalantly said that it would probably take him three good tax returns before he could get me the engagement ring i wanted. i was floored because he never even mentioned wanting to marry me before this point and here was talking about buying my ring. i loved that lunch and i'm still trying to get to like on the border - they're food is getting better though. anyway, we went home to watch the Laker game and amazing race and before Joey left my mom showed him my shoe closet and he says "so our spare room is going to be full of your shoes?" and it made me happy just to think about the spare room - that we still have yet to buy but will soon hopefully. anyway, little moments of happiness. yes it's cheesy, but come on, it's me. have a good day all!

No comments: