Tuesday, January 31, 2006

happy anniversary and the first day

we celebrated my sister and Gabe's one year wedding anniversary and my brother and Katrina's seven year wedding anniversary this weekend. it was yummy with all of the steaks and sides. We got 2 free desserts because we put it we were celebrating special occasion(s). My sister-in-law turned to me and Joey and said "See, you guys have to get married in January too so we can have 3 desserts next time." Joey said that he wanted his own month. My sister suggested September because that's when my parents' anniversary is. I'll let you guys know when that happens because I am still ringless.

Anyway, Monday was my first day on the floor. It was cool. I got to see a cardioversion on my first day. First there was a TEE - basically, it's a scope that goes through the throat and down to see the beatings of the heart - it's like a really cool echocardiogram. After that, they did the cardioversion, meaning they "shocked" the patient's heart so that it would again beat a regular sinus rhythm. The process is very similar to when resuscitating a patient with a defibrillator when doing CPR. It was pretty cool because once the doctor had done it, the patient had a normal sinus rhythm - it happened after the first try. So that was the cool part of my day. Plus I got to do assessments and meds, documentation and all that jazz so it was cool. I work or have classes for the next couple of days straight - from Wednesday of this week through Thursday of next week straight - fun huh? anyway, please keep me in mind on the 20th. I've got a special test. Thanks all! Miss ya lots!

3 comments:

Dana said...

"special" test? hmm... good luck!!! you'll be great!

lil jay said...

good luck on the 20th!!1 Woohoo!

Dana said...

are you ever going to blog again?