Thursday, December 29, 2005

happy holidays

happy holidays everyone! sorry it got super busy with everything going on ... let's see ....
Thursday, 22nd, Bible Study Gift Exchange ...
like Dana said the highlight of the night was:
Aaron's version of women's dress socks ...
Toots ended up with thigh highs! with lace trim! nice

Friday, 23rd, I picked up my sister and Gabe from LAX
Coming in for the holidays you ask?
No, she went on vacation to Orlando and they came back 2 days before Christmas
I then got treated to 7 courses of beef for dinner ... that's some good stuff

Saturday, Christmas Eve
I have a yearly tradition of making six-layer jello and it takes all day long
so i bought my ingredients and the lasagna ingredients and got to cooking
it took me from 11 AM - 6 PM to do that jello - i'm telling you all day
then Joey picked me up at 10:30 so we could go to Midnight Mass with his family
afterwards we went to Denny's ... he wants to make that a tradition

Sunday, Christmas Day
I sleep some and then I go to Mass with my family. We take pictures, even at Church.
Everyone came over super early this year and we ate, played some poker - we seem to do a lot of that - watched the Laker game, raced with the skateboards outside, ate and ate and ate some more and then we took some family photos. All good fun.
Check out my parka on my pictures. I think it's too big. but it's really cute.

Monday, the 26th
Frances and Steph's bdays. We missed the gingerbread making party on Friday because of the airport so I wanted to make an effort to go see them. So I drove out to Roscoe's in Pasdena for lunch. yummmmm ... chicken and waffles.
Then I hung out with the nephews and watched Madagascar

Tuesday, the 27th
Although the girls' birthdays were on the 26th, I didn't get them their presents until the 27th. I won't see them all until Friday for our Kris Kringle anyway so that's ok.

Wednesday, the 28th
Mina and Danny are here from Vegas so we met up at Bubba Gump in Long Beach. The shrimpin' dippin' broth is really yum! but it leaves you with a strong taste in ur mouth. definitely good and add some blueberry lemonade. we then went to the mai tai bar and got some drinks while we tried to play kings. the classic moment of the night was this guy trying to hit on mina.
guy: "happy holidays"
us: "happy holidays"
guy: "so who'd you come here with?"
mina: "my friends (pointing to our booth) and my husband (pointing to Danny at the table)
hahahahaha he was so embarrassed

and there's today. I get to rest, study and blog. we have our Kris Kringle tomorrow and then we have New Year's Eve! Then only 10 more days til we say aloha!

4 comments:

dorothy said...

where are the pix?

kay said...

not up yet. haven't had time to upload. maybe by monday. sorry. happy new year!

Anonymous said...

Kay, Happy holidays! Happy New Year

Dana said...

that poor guy. got shot down 3 times??? hahahahaha