Wednesday, December 07, 2005

airports and balikbayan boxes

i went to take my dad to the airport today. he's leaving for the philippines and he's only going for a week! my cousin is getting married and has 36 ninangs and ninongs! 36! that's feeding an entire army! anyway, my dad is one of them and my dad is the one that put my cousin through school so he's going, even though that means he's going to miss my graduation, but that's ok, he ironed my gown and left me money for graduation dinner =)
anyway, the airport was nuts! it's so funny. every other airline all you see is luggage. but PAL of course, has 10 million balikbayan boxes! it's crazy! my dad only had one and a luggage. he already sent 4 boxes ahead of time so that he wouldn't have to lug them around this time. and it takes like 10 people to drop off 2 people at the airport. talk about culture. it's funny though. i enjoy being a part of this crazy culture.

2 comments:

Dana said...

holy crap!!! 36?!?!?!

your dad is so sweet. he ironed your gown! aaaaaah

dorothy said...

hahah, so cute! you know, after all this time, i can't remember what you dad looks like. i think i've seen him all but once.