Monday, November 06, 2006

live auction

so i participated in my first live auction today - i actually got to hold my sign up and bid. i actually did it a few times but I won one of them! the first time that I bid was for Laker tickets (value of $270) that went for $700! and then I bid on some spa stuff but that got expensive too! then the people started to dwindle away and they had 2 passes to Disneyland with parking, a Disney art book and tricycle. the bidding started at $25, I bid $50, then it went to $100. My last bid was $125 - i wasn't going to get any higher than that. and i waited. and it was going, going and gone! and I got it! and I think that's the price of 2 tickets to Disneyland and parking anyway nowadays and I got a bonus free tricycle seen here. Joey's grandma is part of the Intercommunity Child Guidance Guild - they help to raise money for the center which focuses on behavioral therapy and counseling for children. it's a good cause and it's tax deductible! yay! anyway, here's me and my tricycle.

No comments: