Thursday, August 03, 2006

a good cry

so yesterday i cried. it started out with crying because i was so frustrated but then it ended up as happy tears. joey and i started talking about the future and i got really scared. it's hard to think about when nothing is set in stone. so we started talking about houses and mortgages and kids and how i wanted more than one bathroom in the house (that's another story) and stuff like that. so i cried and joey wiped my tears away, saying how his fingers were non-absorbent. so to quote a friend "it's not the getting married part that I'm scared of, it's the after"
so joey's response was this: "i'm scared about getting married too"
me: why?
joey (hesitatingly): "It sounds really cheesy if I say it out loud"
me: "now is a good time to sound cheesy, i'm crying here"
joey (still hesitating) "But then I know that I'm going to be with you, and I don't get scared"

it made me smile and it made me stop crying. i love my bubba.

4 comments:

Dana said...

that is SO sweet! you guys are cute. :)

ANNA said...

aaaaaaaaaaw!

dorothy said...

awwww, that's sooo precious!!!!

lil jay said...

awww, that's nice :)