Monday, November 21, 2005

SpaceBalls

So joey brings up the movie spaceballs saying how one of our friends, Rob, has never seen it. I said, "I've never seen it either" Joey, surprised is like "really? why not?" I said "I always wanted to rent it in college, but Ray would never let me - he'd always veto it - so I never got to watch it." Joey has it on DVD so he said he would let me borrow it.

So we go to dinner with everyone on Sunday because J Mo's here from Hawaii. We're chit-chatting over dinner and I tell Rob, "I've never seen SpaceBalls either" All of our other friends are like, "Really, why not?" So I tell them the same answer I told Joey and they say, "huh, weird"

So dinner goes on and everyone arrives, including Ray. So Grish asks Ray, "Hey, how come you never let Kay watch SpaceBalls?" Ray says "I don't know, 'cause it's dumb." Then you hear all these whispers start "Oh no, that's not cool" and "That's what I thought too" Two separate people saying things like this and I'm thinking what the heck? It's been 4 years since Ray and I broke up and you would think by now it would be ok to acknowledge that we were once together but no, apparently it still is a taboo subject! I don't get it. I talked to Joey about it and he said it didn't bother him when I told him the reason that I had never seen it. I asked him if it bothered him that I had mentioned things of the past and he said no. He knows where my love lays. I don't get it, I really don't. oh well.

2 comments:

Dana said...

as long as joey doesn't care... who cares? you've got weird friends though.

dorothy said...

hahah, you know what? that's one of the things i've been appreciating with henry too. that i can talk about the past without that weird thing that my other boyfriends have had about the ex's. yaay for secure boyfriends!