Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!


Happy Mother's Day (belated)!!!
But really every day should be mother's day! We wouldn't be here if we didn't have mothers because they gave birth to us - so of course every one has a mother and they should be appreciated for all that they do! I know it sounds cliche, but really, words really can't describe how much my mom means to me. The picture is from Christmas but moms are the core so I thought this was appropriate. I love you Mom!
can I make a little side note that I love my hubby? he's so awesome. so i worked on Friday and Sarurday night and had one of the hardest weekends that I've ever had as a nurse. You know when they call CODE BLUE on those hospital shows like Grey's Anatomy and ER. well, we had to call a Code Blue on my patient - we pushed a lot of drugs (7 amps of epi), did a lot of CPR, bagged her and intubated her - we resuscitated her for an hour and put her on alot of blood pressure medications - and to top it all off, she's the mother of one of the attendings! in our hosptial it's similar to Grey's, there are interns, residents, chief residents and attendings. their attendings are a lot younger than ours bnt anyway, this is totally tangent, but it would be like treating Derek Shepherd's mom. but anwyay, we had that crazy night on Friday and Saturday was not better because the same thing happened - not to that extent - but still there were 20 people in my room helping me - but she is alive! Thank God! I prayed at Mass before I went to work on Saturday and even her son asked me if I thought that she would still be here when I came back. I prayed hard and we worked hard and hopefully she'll be there today when I come back but talk about stress! anyway, hence we haven't had a chance to do much let alone clean the house. and when I came home on Sunday morning, I received the most wonderful mother's day-to-be present. the house was immaculate! kitchen, dining room, living room, bathroom ... the counters were cleantd, the floors were cleaned, the table was polished and shiny with flowers in a vase on top, the floor was mopped, the carpet vaccuumed and in the living room sat a new glider and ottoman with a card that read "From Your Baby." i just melted. and of course i cried. damn hormones! but it was so sweet. i'll take a picture and post it. and when i sit in the glider, the baby kicks a lot. i'm trying to convince her that this is the seat she's going to be in when she's supposed to be falling asleep but this is where she likes to kick. she's funny. anyway, i love my hubby. have a beautiful day all!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Doesn't it feel good to be able to say "she" instead of "it"? I love it!